- The company initiated the Direct Energy 2010 Volunteer Challenge, encouraging employees to volunteer in the community. Direct Energy is hoping to amass 10,000 volunteer hours.
- Its parent company, Centrica, was ranked by the Carbon Disclosure Project as one of the top 25 companies in the world for carbon emissions disclosure.
- Invests in smart-meter technology and interactive home-energy management solutions to help customers understand and reduce household energy consumption.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Rob Ford: It’s no longer about the video … and it’s time for you to go - Friday, May 24, 2013
- Rob Ford’s insatiable appetite for destruction - Friday, May 24, 2013
- What the Mike Duffy scandal says about Stephen Harper - Friday, May 24, 2013
- What to make of what Rob Ford said - Friday, May 24, 2013
- The growing heap of problems on Stephen Harper’s desk - Friday, May 24, 2013
Week in pictures
Can Toronto fire Mayor Rob Ford?
We asked an expert what might come next at Toronto City Hall
Rob Ford: It’s no longer about the video … and it’s time for you to go
Ivor Tossell on the latest developments in the unravelling of Toronto’s mayor
What to make of what Rob Ford said
Toronto mayor’s denial lobs the ball back to the media
Why Cannes is a world away from Hollywood
Spielberg may be heading the festival’s jury, but the A-list stars, and the action, are very far from L.A.
Five opinionated facts about Arrested Development
Jaime J. Weinman on the lesser known details of the series
Seniors Day in Cannes: Look, everyone! It’s Jerry Lewis
Brian D. Johnson’s latest dispatch from the Croisette