- The company initiated the Direct Energy 2010 Volunteer Challenge, encouraging employees to volunteer in the community. Direct Energy is hoping to amass 10,000 volunteer hours.
- Its parent company, Centrica, was ranked by the Carbon Disclosure Project as one of the top 25 companies in the world for carbon emissions disclosure.
- Invests in smart-meter technology and interactive home-energy management solutions to help customers understand and reduce household energy consumption.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- The farmer vs. the Forces - Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- The latest on the Rob Ford file - Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Israel’s best friend: Stephen Harper - Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Thanks for the tip, I’ll get it on Amazon - Saturday, November 30, 2013
- Rob Ford: Highlights and transcripts of newly released wiretaps - Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Week in pictures
PBO even more optimistic than Flaherty of balanced budget in election year 2015
The making of the Year in Pictures
Maclean’s photo editor Andrew Tolson on the selection of 2013′s top images
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive
How low will that loonie go?
Adventures in democracy
Questions about the Reform Act via Paul Wells
The Reform Act and our parliamentary democracy on trial
More reaction to Michael Chong’s proposals
Helping with homework isn’t important, talking about post-high school plans is
In conversation with Keith Robinson
Newsmakers: the happy holidays to the ‘infidel atheists’ edition
Pope Francis goes incognito in Rome and a Manitoba politician gives a holiday greeting