- Generates power for 1,750 homes from an innovative hybrid fuel cell that converts otherwise wasted pipeline energy into electricity.
- Involved in four Canadian wind power projects with a capacity of more than 260 megawatts—that’s enough electricity to power 100,000 homes for a year.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Oprah Winfrey never approached Doug and Rob Ford about a show - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Three questions for the soon-to-be U.S. ambassador - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- A tale of two tax cuts - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Need to know: Canada Post’s bold plan lands with a thud - Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Bixi’s broken spokes - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Week in pictures
Airlines forecast big profit jump to $19.7 billion in 2014 as fuel prices fall, demand rises
Will Canada Post survive?
As Charlie Gillis explains, its five-point plan buys time, but it’s no cure for the post office’s ills
Oprah Winfrey never approached Doug and Rob Ford about a show
Doug Ford said Oprah pitched a reality show to the brothers. Winfrey’s people say this isn’t true.
Letters: More Chris Hadfield, less Rob Ford, please
Maclean’s readers have lots to say about the top newsmakers of 2013
Bixi’s broken spokes
Is the bike-sharing program a victim of its own success, or just a horribly thought-out business model?
Pageantry around Mandela’s death belies realities of life in South Africa
Away from the international headlines, the reality is less dramatic
‘I want the Iranian government to release my son’: father of jailed blogger speaks
Hossein Ronaghi’s father fears his son will die in prison