- There are five women on the company’s 14-member board of directors, which is rare in the food industry.
- GM is a member of the AIM-PROGRESS Responsible Sourcing group, an industry task force that collaborates to ensure best practices throughout the packaged-goods supply chain. To verify compliance with its own supplier code of conduct, General Mills utilizes independent audit firms to monitor working conditions in its supply chain.
- Stimulates sustainable agriculture by developing best-in-class agricultural practices, using conventional hybrid crop varieties to gain greater yields, and improving the environmental performance of production-scale farming practices.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- What the hell happened here? - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Tough questions for the Toronto Star - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Abrupt departure for Mayor Rob Ford’s chief of staff amid ‘crack video’ scandal - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Maclean’s exclusive: David Tkachuk on Mike Duffy, Nigel Wright and the Senate - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Memo to Rob Ford’s staff: Time to quit - Friday, May 17, 2013
Week in pictures
Gaffe gallery: Seven memorable photos of Rob Ford
Plus an alleged, and now notorious, one
Why the Senate must be scrapped, part II
Maclean’s editorial: ‘These are grim times for our political leaders’
Rob Ford is the Snooki of the civic universe
Thanks to Ford, the city has morphed into a reality-TV show
Why Cannes is a world away from Hollywood
Spielberg may be heading the festival’s jury, but the A-list stars, and the action, are very far from L.A.
Richard Dreyfuss owes ‘Jaws’ to Duddy Kravitz
After ‘Duddy,’ he feared he’d never work again, and begged Spielberg for the role
Talk a bit about the clichés you overuse
What can the Ottawa Senators say about last night’s trouncing?