- The first electronics company to publish its list of suppliers online. HP updates the list annually and includes audit findings from its supplier facilities worldwide.
- The company’s Central Nervous System for the Earth (CeNSE) initiative gathers real-time data on environmental, biological and structural shifts, which allows for improved infrastructure planning and advanced warning of natural disasters.
- Through the Graduate Entrepreneurship Training IT program (GET-IT), HP helps unemployed youth and new graduates gain technical and entrepreneurial skills.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Advocacy group calls on Fisher Price to stop selling baby seat with iPad attachment - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Prime Minister’s staffers attempt to control media in South Africa and it doesn’t really work - Monday, December 9, 2013
- The latest on Toronto Mayor Rob Ford - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- The science behind Ford Nation - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Jama Warsame is a citizen of nowhere - Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Week in pictures
Anguished Madoff wept as he revealed fraud, former right-hand man testifies at NY trial
The province is partly to blame for Kellogg’s plant closure in London, Ont.
The consequences of corporate welfare
Are we better off without the Reform Act?
Maybe we are. Unless we aren’t.
Who is Rob Delaney?
… and why do people think he’s the funniest person on Twitter?
Vanessa Young’s legislative legacy
New drug safety law propelled by a teenager’s tragic death
The Ron Burgundy wave
How Will Ferrell’s fake newsman became a real cultural force
A Christmas Story has surprising Canadian roots
As the iconic movie turns 30, fans may be surprised to know much of it was filmed in Ontario