- The first electronics company to publish its list of suppliers online. HP updates the list annually and includes audit findings from its supplier facilities worldwide.
- The company’s Central Nervous System for the Earth (CeNSE) initiative gathers real-time data on environmental, biological and structural shifts, which allows for improved infrastructure planning and advanced warning of natural disasters.
- Through the Graduate Entrepreneurship Training IT program (GET-IT), HP helps unemployed youth and new graduates gain technical and entrepreneurial skills.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- The weather forecast for Canada this summer - Monday, May 20, 2013
- Wright resigns. Stephen Harper, and questions, remain - Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Twelve thoughts on Nigel Wright and Duffygate - Monday, May 20, 2013
- The unbelievable matter of Mike Duffy and Nigel Wright - Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Netflix CEO on Arrested Development, mobile behaviours and plans to disrupt the TV industry - Monday, May 20, 2013
Week in pictures
Why austerity may be wrecking the recovery
Tamsin McMahon explains why there’s a growing chorus of opposition to the fiscal straitjacket
Christy Clark on motherhood, optimism and the plan for the next four years
The B.C. Premier in conversation with Nancy Macdonald
Why so many people–including scientists–suddenly believe in an afterlife
Heaven is hot again, and hell is colder than ever
Revisiting ‘Star Wars Kid’: Story inspires debate on cyberbullying
Readers and tweeters thank Ghyslain Raza for telling his story
Netflix CEO on Arrested Development, mobile behaviours and plans to disrupt the TV industry
Reed Hastings discusses the biggest challenge for Netflix in Canada
Why full-day kindergarten doesn’t work
Charlie Gillis on the munchkin invasion