- Promotes a fair wage-setting mechanism based on local cost of living, as well as input from workers and other key stakeholders.
- Best practices in transparency include posting a global supplier and licensee factory list on its website. As an official sponsor and outfitter of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Adidas published a separate list of suppliers for its World Cup products, including the level of union representation at each facility.
- A comprehensive work-life balance program provides flex-time schedules and services for families, including elder care, after-school programs and extensive support for expectant mothers.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Lessons from Amy’s Baking Co.: ‘I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE’ - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Exclusive: Serial killer Russell Williams has sold his infamous cottage - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Stephen Harper and the knowledge economy: perfect strangers - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- The Commons: John Baird tries to explain what he understands to be true - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Photo highlights, so far, from Cannes - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Week in pictures
Stephen Harper and the knowledge economy: perfect strangers
Paul Wells on the bad news in the Science, Technology and Innovation Council’s latest report
Michael Bryant calls the casino industry’s bluff
“A casino is a factory of broken dreams — a scam for “recreational” gamblers, a shell game for taxpayers, and a rat trap for addicts”
The Commons: John Baird tries to explain what he understands to be true
The opposition is not appeased by the Prime Minister’s acknowledgement of unhappiness
Life lessons for Generation ‘Why’
Always buy toilet paper in bulk
Christy Clark on motherhood, optimism and the plan for the next four years
The B.C. Premier in conversation with Nancy Macdonald
A breakdown in the boreal game-changer
Chris Sorensen explains why the collapse of the boreal forest agreement comes as no surprise