- Promotes a fair wage-setting mechanism based on local cost of living, as well as input from workers and other key stakeholders.
- Best practices in transparency include posting a global supplier and licensee factory list on its website. As an official sponsor and outfitter of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Adidas published a separate list of suppliers for its World Cup products, including the level of union representation at each facility.
- A comprehensive work-life balance program provides flex-time schedules and services for families, including elder care, after-school programs and extensive support for expectant mothers.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- 6 strange and remarkable facts about Flin Flon - Sunday, December 8, 2013
- Nelson Mandela: The evolution of a hero - Sunday, December 8, 2013
- Kathryn Jones, OLG and case of the missing $50M lottery ticket - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- The farmer vs. the Forces - Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- Rob Ford: Tale of the wiretap - Friday, December 6, 2013
Week in pictures
Powerful storm moving up East Coast blankets NFL fields with snow, threatens morning commutes
7 ways Thomas Mulcair aims to change Canada’s energy landscape
Energy is shaping up to be a 2015 election battleground
A remarkable man, a remarkable legacy
Irwin Cotler on the lessons we must learn from Mandela
The Quiz: Year in Review
We test your trivia skills on the most famous events and people of the past 12 months
How low will the loonie go?
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive
The Ron Burgundy wave
How Will Ferrell’s fake newsman became a real cultural force
What not to give Drake
Emma Teitel explains why it’s time for the rapper who has everything to let go