- Incorporates life-cycle analysis into its product stewardship program—this includes reuse or recyclability, responsible end-of-life disposal, energy efﬁciency and material selection.
- Participates in supply-chain initiatives of the Carbon Disclosure Project and the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition, which focuses on methodologies for suppliers to measure, report and reduce carbon emissions.
- IBM’s “World Community Grid” connects people who donate their idle computer time to create a global research grid. The network is used to compute biological, environmental and health-related data on behalf of organizations that are unable to access large-scale research infrastructure.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Why so many people–including scientists–suddenly believe in an afterlife - Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Exclusive: Serial killer Russell Williams has sold his infamous cottage - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Lessons from Amy’s Baking Co.: ‘I AM NOT STUPID ALL OF YOU ARE’ - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Don’t drink the water: City of Montreal under boil-water order - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Stephen Harper and the knowledge economy: perfect strangers - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Week in pictures
Stephen Harper and the knowledge economy: perfect strangers
Paul Wells on the bad news in the Science, Technology and Innovation Council’s latest report
Michael Bryant calls the casino industry’s bluff
“A casino is a factory of broken dreams — a scam for “recreational” gamblers, a shell game for taxpayers, and a rat trap for addicts”
The Commons: John Baird tries to explain what he understands to be true
The opposition is not appeased by the Prime Minister’s acknowledgement of unhappiness
Life lessons for Generation ‘Why’
Always buy toilet paper in bulk
Abercrombie & Fat
Blogger takes on Abercrombie clothing over marketing values
A breakdown in the boreal game-changer
Chris Sorensen explains why the collapse of the boreal forest agreement comes as no surprise