- As of 2010, executive compensation will be explicitly tied to environmental, social and governance performance targets.
- One of few financial institutions with a policy that explicitly restricts financing the production, maintenance or trade of controversial weapons.
- Has restrictive policies on gambling and pornography, and refrains from financing organizations directly involved in animal testing for cosmetic purposes or manufacturing of fur products.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Kathryn Jones, OLG and case of the missing $50M lottery ticket - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Third burial discovered by workers digging watermains near Parliament Hill - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Tory senator: ‘If they want a war of chambers, we’ll give them one’ - Friday, December 6, 2013
- The Ron Burgundy wave - Friday, December 6, 2013
- The partisan problem is spreading - Friday, December 6, 2013
Week in pictures
World Trade Organization
Deal to boost global trade reached at WTO summit despite eleventh-hour objections
The farmer vs. the Forces
Frank Meyers surrenders his family farm after seven-year battle
Canada’s support for Nelson Mandela wasn’t always so steadfast
How Brian Mulroney became an anti-apartheid champion
The Quiz: Year in Review
We test your trivia skills on the most famous events and people of the past 12 months
How low will the loonie go?
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive
Ukraine’s Iron Curtain call
A last-second pullout from a historic EU partnership shows Russia is back in control of the former Soviet republics
The top lobby groups in Ottawa
Which groups are lobbying the federal government’s powerful departments the most? We take stock.