- Governance and nominating committee charter acknowledges a fiduciary duty to corporate responsibility and sustainability performance, while executive and non-executive employee cash bonuses are linked to the achievement of environmental, social and governance goals.
- The technology firm has a company-wide water policy that explicitly recognizes the human right to water and seeks to engage communities on their usage and conservation of water.
- Its World Ahead Program improves access to technology—including mobile telemedicine centres, PC purchase programs, and multi-language teacher-training resources—for those in need.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Stephen Harper and the knowledge economy: perfect strangers - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Rob Ford: Where were we? - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Why so many people–including scientists–suddenly believe in an afterlife - Tuesday, May 7, 2013
- Rest assured, Mr. Harper is very upset about all of this - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Will the Duffy scandal stick? - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Week in pictures
Tweeting with the enemy? US diplomat uses social media to engage Cuban critics of Washington
Search continues for dead after tornado rips through Moore, Oklahoma
Two schools and a hospital destroyed in the huge twister
Nigel Wright resigns. Now what?
John Geddes notes a new test of Harper’s tactical acumen
Christy Clark on motherhood, optimism and the plan for the next four years
The B.C. Premier in conversation with Nancy Macdonald
The Cannes comeback kid: Michael Douglas as Liberace
“In terms of being in bed with Michael Douglas,” says Matt Damon, “I now have things in common with Sharon Stone and Glenn Close.”
Photo highlights, so far, from Cannes 2013
27 frames from the most famous red carpet in the French Riviera
Wright resigns. Stephen Harper, and questions, remain
Paul Wells on the PM and his stewardship of your tax dollar