- To provide company-wide standards and guidelines for its environmental, health and safety management system, Kinross models its system on the global ISO 140001 standard for environment, and the OHSAS 18001 standard for occupational health and safety.
- The company’s strong reclamation practices includes a business unit specifically charged with returning land disturbed by mining activities to stable and productive land uses.
- Strong community engagement mechanisms, including a system to identify key stakeholders and active community consultation groups at most operations.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Maclean’s Exclusive: David Tkachuk on Mike Duffy, Nigel Wright and the Senate investigation - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Who is the government’s least favourite reporter? - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- The Commons: The Conservatives run out of answers - Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- Rob Ford is the Snooki of the civic universe - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Why the Senate must be scrapped, part II - Thursday, May 23, 2013
Week in pictures
Rob Ford is the Snooki of the civic universe
Thanks to Ford, the city has morphed into a reality-TV show
Exclusive: Serial killer Russell Williams has sold his infamous cottage
Family next door—his very first victims—buy Tweed, Ont., property for $165,000
The Commons: The Conservatives run out of answers
And Pat Martin wonders where it all went wrong
Doug Ford defends mayor, takes on media in prepared statement
‘Rob is telling me these stories are untrue, that these accusations are ridiculous, and I believe him’
Richard Dreyfuss owes ‘Jaws’ to Duddy Kravitz
After ‘Duddy,’ he feared he’d never work again, and begged Spielberg for the role
Five opinionated facts about Arrested Development
Jaime J. Weinman on the lesser known details of the series, whose new season airs this Sunday