- One of few banks with a policy to avoid direct and indirect financing of companies that manufacture or trade equipment or material for nuclear, chemical or biological warfare, land mines or cluster bombs.
- Actively recruits new immigrants, Aboriginals, gays and lesbians, and people with disabilities. Has clear goals for increasing workforce diversity, especially among senior executives.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Rob Ford libel action: reporters are citizens too - Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne’s job creation plan won’t create a single job - Friday, December 13, 2013
- The latest on Rob Ford: Friday-morning edition - Friday, December 13, 2013
- Assemble ingredients. Pause dramatically. - Friday, December 13, 2013
- Federal light-bulb ban set for 2014 - Friday, December 13, 2013
Week in pictures
Fight club: The top feuds of 2013
Public battles waged by Madonna, Jim Carrey and the Brothers Ford
Federal light-bulb ban set for 2014
Seven years after announcement, tough regulations have been watered down
Nelson Mandela conquered apartheid, united his country and inspired the world
His remarkable journey was one of the great sagas of our time
Newsmakers 2013: Edward Snowden
He has been called a patriot and a traitor. To Obama, he’s a diplomatic ticking time bomb.
Christmas presents for Stephen Harper, Kim and Kanye, and other newsmakers
Gift ideas from the Maclean’s staff
The Golden Globes are not the enemy, but the Academy Awards are
Perhaps we should dismantle the Oscars