- Has adopted water management plans and reduction targets, employing skilled water personnel at each site. Operations are audited against its parent company’s water standards every two years.
- A leader in the use of clean energy sources—hydroelectric power—Alcan further reduced its greenhouse gas emission intensity by almost 10 per cent in 2009, thanks to a strong company-wide climate change policy, closure of old operations and increased operational efficiency.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- What the hell happened here? - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Tough questions for the Toronto Star - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Maclean’s exclusive: David Tkachuk on Mike Duffy, Nigel Wright and the Senate - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Abrupt departure for Mayor Rob Ford’s chief of staff amid ‘crack video’ scandal - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Memo to Rob Ford’s staff: Time to quit - Friday, May 17, 2013
Week in pictures
Gaffe gallery: Seven memorable photos of Rob Ford
Plus an alleged, and now notorious, one
Why the Senate must be scrapped, part II
Maclean’s editorial: ‘These are grim times for our political leaders’
Rob Ford is the Snooki of the civic universe
Thanks to Ford, the city has morphed into a reality-TV show
Why Cannes is a world away from Hollywood
Spielberg may be heading the festival’s jury, but the A-list stars, and the action, are very far from L.A.
Richard Dreyfuss owes ‘Jaws’ to Duddy Kravitz
After ‘Duddy,’ he feared he’d never work again, and begged Spielberg for the role
Talk a bit about the clichés you overuse
What can the Ottawa Senators say about last night’s trouncing?