- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 37 per cent for its North American operations by purchasing Green-e certiﬁed renewable energy. In 2009, the company purchased additional renewable energy to cover 50 per cent of its electric load in Massachusetts, where the majority of its employees work.
- In 2009, five per cent of its $98 billion in total assets managed was categorized as socially responsible investments, a significant proportion compared to its peers.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Rob Ford: It’s no longer about the video … and it’s time for you to go - Friday, May 24, 2013
- What the Mike Duffy scandal says about Stephen Harper - Friday, May 24, 2013
- Tough questions for the Toronto Star - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- What the hell happened here? - Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Gaffe gallery: Seven memorable photos of Rob Ford - Thursday, May 23, 2013
Week in pictures
Gaffe gallery: Seven memorable photos of Rob Ford
Plus an alleged, and now notorious, one
Tough questions for the Toronto Star
Mayor Rob Ford is not the only one ignoring press requests
Rob Ford is the Snooki of the civic universe
Thanks to Ford, the city has morphed into a reality-TV show
Why Cannes is a world away from Hollywood
Spielberg may be heading the festival’s jury, but the A-list stars, and the action, are very far from L.A.
Five opinionated facts about Arrested Development
Jaime J. Weinman on the lesser known details of the series
Talk a bit about the clichés you overuse
What can the Ottawa Senators say about last night’s trouncing?