- Real estate properties in its Canadian investment portfolio are targeted to meet sustainability criteria, which include environmental certifications, fair employment principles and responsible contracting.
- Donated $9.8 million in 2009 to various causes in Canada and abroad, including research into Parkinson’s disease, humanitarian aid and scholarships in developing countries.
- To educate the public on the recent meltdown, Sun Life set up a blog about the economy and the global financial crisis on its Canadian website.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Wright resigns. Stephen Harper, and questions, remain - Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Nigel Wright: Great Canadian or Greatest Canadian? - Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Breaking Amish: This ‘Brave New World’ feels a little dark and depressing - Monday, May 13, 2013
- Politicians, pundits and political watchers respond to resignation of Nigel Wright - Sunday, May 19, 2013
- The unbelievable matter of Mike Duffy and Nigel Wright - Sunday, May 19, 2013
Week in pictures
Why austerity may be wrecking the recovery
Tamsin McMahon explains why there’s a growing chorus of opposition to the fiscal straitjacket
How long will you live?
A controversial new test could determine your actual biological age and reveal just how many years you have left
Why so many people–including scientists–suddenly believe in an afterlife
Heaven is hot again, and hell is colder than ever
Revisiting ‘Star Wars Kid’: Story inspires debate on cyberbullying
Readers and tweeters thank Ghyslain Raza for telling his story
Why full-day kindergarten doesn’t work
Charlie Gillis on the munchkin invasion
Chris Hadfield: Good Morning, Earth!
On the iBooks Top 10: A behind-the-scenes look at the man and his mission