- Has developed a process to accelerate the reclamation of its unsightly oil sands tailings ponds, and is expected to be the only oil sands mining company to meet Alberta’s new requirements for the regulation of tailings operations.
- Financially supported Fort McMurray, Alta.’s state-of-the-art Suncor Community Leisure Centre, the largest recreational facility of its kind in Western Canada.
- Leadership on policy, social and environmental issues is a key performance indicator used to determine the CEO’s annual bonus package.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Tory senator: ‘If they want a war of chambers, we’ll give them one’ - Friday, December 6, 2013
- The partisan problem is spreading - Friday, December 6, 2013
- Kim Jong Un, meet the NHL - Sunday, December 1, 2013
- What not to give Drake, the rapper who has it all - Friday, December 6, 2013
- The Ron Burgundy wave - Friday, December 6, 2013
Week in pictures
Rob Ford: Tale of the wiretap
How bad is the Toronto Mayor’s judgment? Charlie Gillis explains
Michael Chong, an unlikely revolutionary
How a private member’s bill may change the face of Parliament
The sketch: Stephen Harper tries to back away quietly
As the sea of troubles laps at his shores
Ukraine’s Iron Curtain call
A last-second pullout from a historic EU partnership shows Russia is back in control of the former Soviet republics
The top lobby groups in Ottawa
Which groups are lobbying the federal government’s powerful departments the most? We take stock.
How low will the loonie go?
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive