- Established a Sustainable Development Steering Committee so employees can offer feedback and ideas to management.
- Its San Francisco Chronicle building was one of the first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) silver certified printing facilities in North America.
- Obtained the “triple chain-of-custody” for sustainably sourced paper for all its American and Canadian operations, which includes certifications from the Forest Stewardship Council, the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certifications and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- The farmer vs. the Forces - Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- The top lobby groups in Ottawa - Thursday, December 5, 2013
- The latest on the Rob Ford file - Thursday, December 5, 2013
- Thanks for the tip, I’ll get it on Amazon - Saturday, November 30, 2013
- Israel’s best friend: Stephen Harper - Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Week in pictures
The making of the Year in Pictures
Maclean’s photo editor Andrew Tolson on the selection of 2013′s top images
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive
How low will that loonie go?
Twitter now has one woman on its board of directors
Marjorie Scardino joins the board
What would Michael Chong’s Reform Act mean for riding nominations?
‘It becomes a very different dynamic’
Helping with homework isn’t important, talking about post-high school plans is
In conversation with Keith Robinson
Newsmakers: the happy holidays to the ‘infidel atheists’ edition
Pope Francis goes incognito in Rome and a Manitoba politician gives a holiday greeting