- Implemented a “CO2 registry,” whereby emissions are examined at every stage of the vehicle-creation process. Findings are submitted to the board of management, which decides if a project will move forward given its environmental footprint.
- Introduced “BlueMotionTechnologies,” which reduce the fuel consumption and emissions in all its car models.
- At its South Africa plant, the company provides HIV/AIDS education and treatment facilities for its 5,000 employees, and ensures discrimination-free reintegration of infected employees.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Rob Ford: Where were we? - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Star-Spangled banner singer to return to the ice after whirlwind 48 hours - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- And now, soon, a word from the Prime Minister - Monday, May 20, 2013
- Public displays of accountability - Monday, May 20, 2013
- 10 years later, ‘Star Wars Kid’ speaks out - Thursday, May 9, 2013
Week in pictures
10 Things People with Cottages Like to Tweet About
Hashtags work overtime on holiday weekend: #checkoutmycottage #areyoujealous
In training with Maxime Bernier
Quebec MP trains for ultramarathon — the length of his riding of Beauce
Christy Clark on motherhood, optimism and the plan for the next four years
The B.C. Premier in conversation with Nancy Macdonald
What to make of Marissa Mayer’s $1B Tumblr gamble
Inside Yahoo’s latest comeback attack
If I were giving the graduation speech…
Barbara Amiel on what she would say to the Class of 2013
Why full-day kindergarten doesn’t work
Charlie Gillis on the munchkin invasion