- Launched the Clear Blue Skies Initiative, a company-wide strategy aimed at protecting and improving air quality through energy reduction and efficiency, waste management, and sustainable transport, materials and procurement.
- Introduced BMO SmartSteps, a program designed to teach customers to save, and a support program to help those most severely affected by the economic downturn.
- Provides basic banking services in remote northern and Aboriginal communities, and has implemented on-reserve housing loan programs.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- World War Z: Brad Pitt vs. the zombie apocalypse - Thursday, June 20, 2013
- Justin Trudeau for PM? ‘Ptooie’ - Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- Remembering James Gandolfini, the model for every anti-hero on modern TV - Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- B.C. biologists spot rare whale off the west coast of Haida Gwaii - Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- Feds spend nearly $700K to acquire trove of documents from War of 1812 - Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Week in pictures
Sleep crisis: The science of slumber
Go to bed. On time. Tonight. Or else
Newsmakers: Lululemon, The Donald and a $21.99 burger
Who (and what) made headlines this week
Does the PMO think Justin Trudeau is already prime minister?
Let us applaud this interest in documentation and disclosure
Parliament passes same-sex divorce bill
… and Charlie Gillis admits he underestimated Parliament
Michael Geist on the perils of government surveillance
The Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce Law talks about how recent revelations affect Canadians
The Bachelorette: Mr. America and a superstorm of a date
A Keeping it Real recap: ‘And then there were 11′