- Last year, it introduced the ActiveHybrid X6 and the ActiveHybrid 7, which consume 20 per cent less fuel than conventionally powered models.
- The company’s first fully electric car, the Megacity, will be available in 2013.
- Vehicles are 85 per cent recyclable and 95 per cent reusable. And 15 per cent of the plastic components in BMWs are made from recycled material.
- The number of female managers has increased by 66 per cent over the past six years.
Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations
These companies have made doing good a big part of their business
- Kathryn Jones, OLG and case of the missing $50M lottery ticket - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Tory senator: ‘If they want a war of chambers, we’ll give them one’ - Friday, December 6, 2013
- Third burial discovered by workers digging watermains near Parliament Hill - Saturday, December 7, 2013
- The Ron Burgundy wave - Friday, December 6, 2013
- The partisan problem is spreading - Friday, December 6, 2013
Week in pictures
World Trade Organization
Deal to boost global trade reached at WTO summit despite eleventh-hour objections
The farmer vs. the Forces
Frank Meyers surrenders his family farm after seven-year battle
Canada’s support for Nelson Mandela wasn’t always so steadfast
How Brian Mulroney became an anti-apartheid champion
The Quiz: Year in Review
We test your trivia skills on the most famous events and people of the past 12 months
How low will the loonie go?
Econowatch: Signs point to the Canadian dollar taking a nose dive
Ukraine’s Iron Curtain call
A last-second pullout from a historic EU partnership shows Russia is back in control of the former Soviet republics
The top lobby groups in Ottawa
Which groups are lobbying the federal government’s powerful departments the most? We take stock.