By The Canadian Press - Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 0 Comments
OTTAWA – An investigation into wrongdoing at the agency responsible for billions in overseas…
OTTAWA – An investigation into wrongdoing at the agency responsible for billions in overseas aid has found a senior executive was using taxpayers’ time and money to conduct private business.
The public integrity commissioner says the director general at the Canadian International Development Agency also had civil servants doing personal work.
In a report, Mario Dion says the executive’s actions demonstrated a serious lack of judgment and disregard for government policies and rules.
Dion says the executive — who is unnamed — has since left CIDA.
The investigation found no systemic problems at CIDA but rather that the individual refused to comply with known policies and procedures.
The finding of wrongdoing is the third since Dion became commissioner in 2010 and he says it is notable as it’s the first founded allegation of a serious breach of a code of conduct.
By Stephanie Levitz, The Canadian Press - Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 5:23 AM - 0 Comments
OTTAWA – An executive at the federal agency responsible for billions in overseas aid…
OTTAWA – An executive at the federal agency responsible for billions in overseas aid has been caught in the crosshairs of Canada’s public sector integrity commissioner.
Mario Dion is set to release a report today concerning allegations of wrongdoing by someone at the Canadian International Development Agency.
Financial management at the agency has come under scrutiny in the past, most notably the case of former minister Bev Oda, who billed thousands in questionable expenses to taxpayers.
She left politics last year and was replaced by Julian Fantino.